Only 10% of the drinking water is suitable for consumption by animals (Source: Dutch animal health service). 90% of the drinking water contains more than 10.000 CFU total pathogenic bacteria count. Low quality drinking water results in reduced feed and water intake and has a negative effect on production figures. The reduced health status due to low quality drinking water results in higher toxins and pathogen levels in the animal, which is related to an increase in medication costs and a higher mortality rate.
Pathogenic bacteria are inhibiting enzyme activity, reduce amino acid absorption by the animal and cause leakage of the intestinal wall, which results in diseases.
Aquacid DW application in drinking water results in a reduction of microbial contamination in the drinking water itself, as well as the gastro intestinal tract. Trials have shown a significant reduction of salmonella in drinking water (< 10 CFU/ml), even at low dosage like 1 ml/l in contaminated drinking water (Salmonella > 5.5 x 105 CFU/ml), within 24 hours. At higher dosage (3 ml/l) the same result was achieved within 1 hour.
Aquacid DW benefits are:
- A highly concentrated Organic Acid mixture
- Containing Lactic Acid (improves taste), Acetic Acid and Propionic Acid
- Improves water and feed intake (20 - 40%)
- Containing Copper (Cu), a very strong antibacterial ion and active against formation of algea in drinking water pipelines
- Containing Zinc (Zn), which increases enzyme activity
- Reduced risk of infections, illness and mortality
- Containing Phosphoric Acid for reduction of the pH
- Decreasing pathogen load in drinking water, decreasing crop pH and gizzard pH with 0.7 to 1.2 points
- 100% water soluble
- Kills Salmonella and E-Coli in the gastro intestinal tract
- FCR result improved by 3.9% according to trials
For the best results, the drinking water pH should be between 3.8 and 4.2 after addition of Aquacid DW. Depending on the water quality, this equals a dosage of 2 - 4 ml/l. A pH below 3.5 may affect the water intake, therefor the pH should be verified constantly, or on regular bases. For ultimate pipeline cleaning, Hydrogen Peroxide may be used, either in intervals or together with Aquacid DW.
Aquacid DW is available in several different forms. Depending on specific situations the customer can choose for lower pH, lower dosage, extensive antibacterial activity against gram positive pathogens, extra stimulation of water intake and gut stimulation (Aquacid DW 1 up to Aquacid DW 5)